Welcome Back to the Mount Arlington Public Library!
The Mount Arlington Public Library Building is Opening to the Public on Tuesday, September 8, 2020 and We Will Continue to Offer Convenient Curbside Pickup.
On Tuesday, September 8, 2020 the MTA Library will open our building to the public with limited services while still providing curbside pickup as an option. Please note that there will be many changes inside the library as this is not a full return to business as usual. Please read below for our new hours and important information our patrons need to know to make their experience in the Mount Arlington Public Library as comfortable as possible.
NEW Library Hours:
Monday through Thursday: 10:00am-6:00pm
Friday and Saturday: 9:00am-3:00pm
- Building access will be limited to 19 people at a time including staff. Patrons are allowed 20 minutes to browse/ask for reference help/checkout. If there are more patrons than this, patrons in the Library will be asked to wait outside or return at a later time.
- We ask that you find and check out your items as quickly as possible without lingering/chatting with staff in the Library as we want to minimize health risks for everyone as well as allowing access for as many people to visit as possible each day.
- Face coverings are required for both staff and patrons while in the library. If you have a condition which makes mask-wearing difficult, please call the Library to take advantage of our curbside pick-up service at: 973-398-1516 or visit our website at https://mountarlingtonlibrary.org for more information.
There will be NO:
- Computers (indoors). Outdoor WIFI will be available
- Use of quiet study tables, group study tables, reference rooms
- Restroom access
- Loitering, congregating, meetings, tutoring
- All Library programs will continue to be held virtually.
- While the state-wide delivery service has not yet resumed, patrons can place holds on items owned by other libraries for pick up at the lending library. We ask that you make every effort to return items to the lending library when you are done with them since we have no way of returning them for you.
A Few Notes on Returned Items
- All items must be returned in the outside book drop. Please do not attempt to hand items to staff members.
- The Mount Arlington Library will be quarantining returned items for 72 hours. This means that they will not be discharged from your account until 72 hours after you return them.
Please do not hesitate to call the MTA Library for guidance at 973-398-1516 or visit our website at mountarlingtonlibrary.org to learn about our resources.
September 8 Board of Trustees Meeting
Download Remote Meeting Notice September 8, 2020 Mtg.